"If ever you come near"

My friends Zach and Hope got married this weekend. It truly was an amazing wedding. There are lots of small moments from that day that will stick with me for a while. Rob Bell in "Velvet Elvis" talks about having to take off his shoes because he felt that the ground he was standing on was holy. During the ceremony I took my shoes off, I dug my toes into the ground and I just watched Zach and Hope looking at each other. It was a Holy moment. To combat my overwhelming emotions of the whole day I tried not to look directly at them. (I had to, snot was starting to drip on my nice outfit!) so I looking down at the ground in front of me and I lifted my head and I looked at Lizzie and I was overwhelmed with feelings for her. It took every bit of restraint not to reach out and hold her. It was as if I was feeling how God feels for Lizzie.(not that I know anything about it) It was an extreme longing, I truly adored her. I felt so many emotions that weekend that I haven't even been able to process them all, but I thank God for all of them.

"If ever you come near, I'll hold up high a mirror, Lord I could never show you anything as beautiful as you" - Aaron Weiss

No comments: