Goodbye months, hello years

Last year at this time, Lizzie and I were anxiously awaiting the arrival of Nash. This year we are starting to pack up our stuff to begin our new adventure together. Valley View Apartments!  It's just your average apartment, but I'm really excited for it. Lizzie and I have not lived by ourselves for 2.5 years. It's hard to know what to expect, so I'm just expecting to be surprised. As I get older it feels like years go by very fast. I mean Nash is already a year old! I feel like I need to take more time processing the ways in which he is changing. This morning Lizzie and I couldn't remember how old he was when he started crawling. I know it's really not that big of a deal, but I just feel like there is probably other parts of his growth that are fresh in my mind today, but may soon be forgotten. I don't want to forget the fact that he bites the edges of tables at restaurants, or that he loves vacuums, or that he squints his eyes shut when he smiles at strangers. So, I am going to be more intentional about either writing or videotaping or blogging about how he is changing or funny stuff he does, so stay tuned. I may need your help, so remind me to slow down and enjoy Nash in his current stage.

1 comment:

Mrs. Hawk said...

You know what I did with Nolan? I printed out calendars and would write things on the dates that I would want to remember and jotted down notes in the margins. It's a great way to remember these things!