7/6/09

This has been a special day. Really it started at 10:30 on sunday evening when Lizzies contractions started to come more and more frequent. Me, Lizzie Zach and Hope were under the impression that any minute we would be rushing to the hospital, we tried to keep ourselves busy with Catan, fill or bust, and even a dice version of shuffleboard we made up. Well it didnt happen as quickly as it seems and after a whole night of Lizzie having contractions every 4-10 minutes, at 6:00 am we decided to go to the hospital. Things never really got going enough to have a baby, but I will always remember this day. Today my wife screamed with pain every five minutes and I could do nothing but comfort her, she cried with a deep longing for results. We saw very little progress most of the day, and now Lizzie is in a drug induced sleep. I am laying in a couch typing this blog and every five minutes I put the computer down and I press one hand against Lizzies back and rub her cramping calf with my other, while she moans in pain. I cant seem to stop thinking that these drugs that promise pain relief and rest can not stop this pain that promises a miracle.

1 comment:

Lizzie said...

you are the best husband in the whole wide world. i am so grateful you were there for me at every moment! i love you and i love the baby we have together.