do blogs need to have a point?

Usually i takes me a few hours to write a blog. Reason being because I am a terrible sinner who thinks more of his pride than anything else. Father forgive me. I am laying on a futon typing on a laptop that has the screen aimed at my fingers to light the keys as I type. Thanksgiving came and went, and America (as it is told) shopped till it dropped. I originally typed a sentence about people changing, but I have erased it because they are not the problem, I am the problem. So I started painting recently... I couldn't tell you why I started but truthfully I am glad I did. You can check it out here http://iwouldnotcallthatart.blogspot.com/ or I have a link on my page under the other people section to your right. I can post my paintings easier than I write a blog because somehow I care more about how people perceive me (Father forgive me) than how people judge my talents-or lack thereof. I have thought a lot recently about the fact the Jesus was homeless. I feel as if I was never told this growing up. If Jesus didn't live to own a house and relax, why do I? or do I ? Hmmmmmm..... I miss lots of things about Minnesota (mainly people), but here I am, a low income white male living on a reservation learning how to teach an AA class. God works in crazy ways. I wish I was able to quiet the selfishness in me that screams for Maxwells with friends, and being able to tell good news in person, early morning coffee with friends, and seeing marriages grow. I'm terribly confused about where I am going with this so I'll call it a night. Grace and peace to you.

1 comment:

Zach Lien said...

your paintings made me start to cry, but i made myself stop because i thought it might be a silly reason to cry. maybe it would've been a perfect reason to cry but i am just believing lies about tough guys. it's not that your art is so good, no offense, but just because you've always been so passionate about whatever you do, and pictures of creation, jesus, and deep meaningful messages are something worth being passionate about, i think. so it's cool that you can show others something so profound by using art and humility. it seems that you are finding incredible ways of connecting with God and learning from Him, and i'm a bit jealous.

z

p.s.
oh, and even though they are all really good and i am super impressed, the flower one is my favorite, so i guess thanks to kevin for inspiring your abstract side.