school Spirit

I am back in Minnesota. I was quickly reminded of what life was like. I have done more activities in the last couple of days then I have done in a long time. This morning is the first time I have been able to be alone, relax and read. I'm reading a really good book called "Jesus wants to save christians" It is about oppression and freedom and the Eucharist. I highly recommend it to everyone. I started my day drinking coffee with the Kinleys and Zach, now I'm sitting in a papason couch (no idea how to spell that) I was wondering if people in the sixties/seventies thought some of the same things I do about christianity (not that I am correct in any of my thinking) . I was thinking specifically about when the bible was taken out of schools. I know that most "christians" were probably all up in arms. I wonder if any were happy, I wonder if any thought that If the bible was now a choice not a tradition that it could make faith more sincere. I wonder if God took the bible out of schools?

1 comment:

kev said...

It is interesting to think if it was God who took Bibles out of schools. I think that "christians" feel safe when things are mandated. Actually, I think people in general feel comfortable when they are told what to and what not to do and they don't have to necessarily make the decision on their own. And then you throw christian conviction in there...

Some random examples that come to mind are:
• Insurance
• Homosexual marriage
• Keeping "God" on our currency