and now.....

I'm back in minneapolis. People ask me alot if I miss Pine Ridge, or how it feels to be back. I don't quite know yet. I do know that I miss my friends in Pine Ridge. I do know that a 9-5 job can really suck the life from me. I do know that the eight months I spent in Pine Ridge were an amazing gift, a time to relax and learn and reflect on who I am. I do know that I haven't stop moving since I've been home. I miss the big skies in South Dakota, I almost feel as if trees and buildings and elevation changes distract me from the awe I felt when all I could see in every direction was more sky. I need to know how big my creator is. What if buildings are this conspiracy that satan has to block our view of the heavens. I can still see the sky here in Minneapolis, but it almost feels like I have to try hard. I feel like this is the case with my relationship with God also. I feel as if in Pine Ridge I was living in tune with God, like no matter what I was doing I was reminded that God was near me. Now I feel as if I have to work hard to see God in my daily life. So if you think of it ask me if I'm seeking God, ask me if I have looked up to the skies and stood in awe at my creator, because there are alot of buildings around me.

1 comment:

kev said...

Maybe this can be of some encouragement to you, as it has to me. I specifically like the powerful use of the word "every" in this song... Not some, not most, but every! (everywhere, everyone, everything) Maybe even buildings too?

In everywhere we look
Allah, Allah, Allah
In everywhere we look

In everyone we meet
Allah, Allah, Allah
In everyone we meet

In every blade of grass
Allah, Allah, Allah
In every blade of grass